We take your privacy very seriously
We respect your privacy rights under the Privacy Act 2020 and follow all of the Act's requirements for collecting, managing, and disclosing your Personal Information. Visit www.privacy.org.nz for more information.
We collect information about you through our website in an effort to improve your shopping experience, as well as communicate with you about our products, services and promotions. We do not sell or rent your personal information to third parties that provide services on our behalf or with whom we have partnered to offer a particular product or service.
What kind of information does Hunter Home collect?
We may collect personal information about you when you visit our website, register with our website, place an online order, save your information with us online, contact us with a question or concern, or participate in a promotion. This may include the following personal information:
- First and last name;
- Date of birth;
- Contact information including email address, telephone number, and residential and mailing address(es);
- Demographic information including gender, age, purchase history, interests, and occupation;
- Financial information including methods of payment you use;
- Feedback including opinions you share with us directly;
- Order and purchase history including information about the services or products you have purchased from us, or have enquired about;
- Browsing behaviour including information regarding when you visit our website, what pages and browse, and products you are interested in.
How does Hunter Home collect personal information?
We may collect personal data about you from a variety of sources, such as:
- Directly from you with your permission for a specific purpose, such as when you register for an account, make an online purchase, make an in store purchase, when you interact with us (by phone, letter, or email, when you enter competition), or when you sign up for our email marketing list;
- From third party sources for the purpose of providing you with our products or services including publicly available sources (such as public posts on social networking sites);
- Through cookies and automated tracking technology like pixel tags. However, in most cases, this data will not contain information that could identify you personally.
How does Hunter Home use customer information?
We may use your personal information in the following ways:
- Orders: To process and fulfil your order, including to send you emails to confirm your order status and shipment;
- Communications: To communicate with you and to send you information by postal mail, email, or other means about our products, services, and promotions, unless you have directed us not to contact you with promotional communications;
- Direct marketing: When you consent to receive such materials from us, we will send you marketing, competition, and promotional materials relating to the products and services we offer, including through third parties such as Google;
- Administration: To create and maintain your accounts with us, and to administer and fulfil our promotions, including assessing the efficacy of our online advertising;
- Customer Research: To help us learn more about your shopping preferences, analyse trends and statistics, and compile broad demographic data about visitors to our website, including tracking user behaviour;
- Site Improvement: To help us identify and address problems with and improve our site design, products, and services, and enhance your shopping experience;
- Security: To protect the security or integrity of our website and our business.
You always have the choice not to receive marketing information. For instructions on opting out, please see the section entitled “How can customers make choices about receiving promotional communications?” below.
Does Hunter Home share customer information?
Hunter Home may collect, use, and store your information in order to provide you with our products and services, understand your needs, and provide you with better services, including:
- With our service providers who manage our customer information and perform services on our behalf, such as fulfilling promotions, sending communications to our customers and so on;
- When we team up with another company to offer or provide products, services or promotions to our customers;
- To conform to legal requirements (including, but not limited to, requirements in accordance with any applicable law, regulation, or government request) or comply with legal process, or to help maintain the law;
- To protect our rights or property, or those of our related companies;
- To enforce our terms and conditions;
- To act in the interests of our, or our related companies, customers, or others.
How do customers access or change their information?
You may ask us to update your personal information by contacting through our Contact Us page. Please note that any request to update your personal information may take up to 10 working days to process.
You can review and change certain personal information related to your use of our website (such as your name and contact information). To access your information on the Hunter Home website, simply sign in to your account using your email address and password, and you will be able to edit your personal information in your account profile. When setting up an account on our site please ensure that you keep your account details private and confidential.
How can customers make choices about receiving promotional communications?
By entering your details you give Hunter Home permission to add you to their database for promotional purposes.
Hunter Home wants to communicate with you only if you want to hear from us. If you prefer not to receive promotional information, such as information about special offers and sales events, you can let know by contacting our web team through our Contact Us page. If contacting our web team please be sure to include your full name and the email address you used when you registered with or made a purchase from Hunter Home.
You can choose to opt out of email promotional communications by clicking unsubscribe in the body of emails from Hunter Home. It may take up to 10 working days to process your request, during which period you may continue to receive communications from Hunter Home.
If you change your mind you can start receiving promotional communications from us again by signing up when you visit our website or our stores or by contacting us through the Contact Us page.
Please note that if you make an online purchase from us, we will continue to confirm your order status and shipment by email. We may also need to contact you via telephone, email or postal mail with questions or information regarding your order.
Our website uses “cookies”, which are small data files that are stored on your device (computer or mobile) when you visit a website and may include anonymous unique identifiers. Cookies enable you to shop on our website and may be used in a variety of ways to enhance or personalise your online browsing and shopping experience.
How does Hunter Home ensure customers’ personal information is secure?
We do our best to provide you with a safe and convenient shopping experience. Hunter Home limits the number of employees that have access to the databases that contain personal data, and employees are advised of the importance of confidentiality. In addition, it is our policy to never send your credit card number via email.
When you enter your personal information on our website we use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to protect your information as it is transmitted to us. When an online retailer uses SSL technology, everything you enter into your device at the checkout is encrypted by your device. This includes your credit card details, billing, and delivery address. When it is encrypted, the data is scrambled and impossible to read so that computers are unable to make sense of it, therefore keeping the information private while it is being transmitted.
To make sure you are accessing our secure server before you submit personal financial information, look at the address bar/URL line of your browser. If you have accessed a secure server, the first characters of the address in that line should be “https”, not “http”. While we implement the above security measures on this site, you should be aware that 100% security is not always possible.